“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
The ability to govern ourselves is more than a right; it is a call to duty. Some answer the call by voting. Some answer it by volunteering. I answer it by serving as an elected official, having been voted into office for four consecutive terms.
I’m proud to have represented the interests of residents in the Town of Burke just outside Madison, WI for the past nine years. I’ve worked to create a great Midwestern town for my family and my neighbors that has low crime, a high quality of life, and low taxes.
As Thomas Jefferson said, “The purpose of government is to enable the people of a nation to live in safety and happiness. Government exists for the interests of the governed, not for the governors.”
Town of Burke | Dane County, WI
Four Term Elected Town Supervisor | August 2014 – August 2023
- Manage and optimize town zoning and planning, permits, natural resources, emergency services, municipal and public services, and ordinance creation to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Oversee annual town budget of $2M, ensuring bid process management to optimize operational expenses and revenue requirements.
- Provide guidance on fair and transparent elections, systems, and software, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Build and manage constituent, lobbyist, business, and trade group relations, creating coalitions that protect the interests of the Town and its residents.
- Interpret state and federal regulations, codes, and rules, ensuring compliance for the Town.
- Oversee all government departments and the full lifecycle of municipal infrastructure projects, ensuring timely and cost-effective completion.
- Serve on the Community Court Commission, ensuring the fair and effective operation of the court.
- Serve as a liaison between constituents and other government entities at the local, county, and state levels, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
- Facilitate the development of ordinances to ensure adoption with the desired results, partnering with surrounding municipalities on short and long term strategy decisions.
- Maintain effective, quality intergovernmental relations with leadership at other municipalities to achieve common goals.